www.office.com/setup Blogs: Does Microsoft Word 2016 regularly detect words that you commonly use as misspelled words? You can change this by adding custom words to the dictionary.
Option 1 – Add While Writing
Type the word in your document and right-click on it and select “Add to Dictionary”.
Option 2 – Add From Settings
- Expand the Office Quick Access Toolbar and select “More Commands…“.
- Select “Proofing” in the left pane, then click the “Custom Dictionaries…” button.
- Here you can add or remove dictionaries. Usually you just need to use one dictionary. To add a word to the dictionary, select “Edit Word List…” .
- Type the word you wish to add to the dictionary and click “Add“.
- Select “OK” then “OK” again when you are done adding words.Now your word will not be detected by Word as a misspelling.
Note: This option is also available in other Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Publisher, etc.
Why is my “Add to Dictionary” option grayed out?
This seems like a bug in the software. Try going to File > Options > Proofing > Customer Dictionaries. Then select the “Dictionary language”. Then remove the checkbox next to the dictionary item, then check it again. These steps seem to toggle something in the software that makes the “Add to Dictionary” option available again.
Original Post: https://www.technipages.com/word-add-words-to-dictionary